Monday, August 18, 2008

Hello There!

I've been very quiet lately. You see I have been to a place where no Internet connection can be had. Yes, there places like that do still exist. Which makes subscribing to SMARTBro or Globe's wireless internet connections quite attractive. You can get connecvtivity wherever there is a SMART or Globe signal, you just have to buy their kit and pre-paid cards. This way, you will always wired to the Net.

Now, I don't know if that's a good thing or not, to be always virtually connected. Sometimes, the Net can be a bothersome distraction most especially during family bonding time. The three days that I was in isolation, Internet-wise, actually made me focus on my daughter and the hubby. We just lounged in the bedroom and watched television the whole day. My two-year and a half old coo-some showed off her new English phrases she learned from the boob-tube, her constant companion apart from her yaya (The tragedy of working moms and single child families, sob,sob,sob). Anyway, this time she had us all to herself and the hubby and I delighted in her attempts at speaking English sans correct grammar, but what do you know, she could actually mouth four to five worded English sentences like, "Mama, are you ok?", "Let us go in the gawas?"(hehehe), "My tummy is hungry." Gosh, and she is not even going to school yet (Pardon the gushing mother, aren't we all always proud?). Good thing, as the hubby was already getting jealous of my laptop (hehe). Complained I was spending more time pounding away its keys than spending time with them. Guilty as charged. I do get carried away sometimes. Having a blog is really time-consuming, how much more having two! Yet, it is something that gives me a different kind of high. Its not just about writing anything that just comes to mind. It is seeing your words in the Net and knowing that others are reading what you have made. Its the "declined" and unsolicited articles senders' sweet revenge on the publishing world. They now have an alternative, and who knows, in the very near future, blogger's might even give them a run for their money.

You see, the Internet is the newest and soon, the biggest international marketplace. More deals are now being closed on the Net. Outsourcing and web-advertising is becoming the latest by-words in the world of business. Why do you think software giant Microsoft from out of the blue made an unsolicited offer of $40billion for Yahoo!? It didn't want to become obsolete in a fast-changing world that would very soon be driven by Internet economics.

But more than web and blogging dynamics, writing on-line on my very own site is simply something I love and its a passion I know I will continue to have. I just have to make sure family still comes first, though.

No comments: