Friday, August 29, 2008

There is Always a Better Place

Just like in previous times, my blog surfing has always been a learning experience and sometimes even rewarding and inspiring. I clicked a medical blog today, one that has been on "Blogs of Note". It led me to the site of one very courageous mother and what I read there caused me some shame. You see, I've been complaining lately of so many things not going my way, obssessing on them and making the proverbial mountains out of small hills. It had made me one cranky lady these days and the hubby is starting to take notice. But, loving me as he does, he is trying to take it all in stride, just keeping his silence and letting me be. But that's another story. Anyway, the posts of this mother about all (as in ALL) three of her children's affliction with PRIMARY IMMUNO DEFFICIENCY placed my problems into its proper perspective. Needless to say, comparing what she had to go through for what could be for the whole lifetimes of her kids zapped my own problems into the molehills they should be.

Her blog is an inspiration for those who go through what could be seemingly insurmountable obstacles in their life, that "things would get better"...that there is always a better place from where we are now, that while things could still go downhill, from there, things have no where to go but up. You laugh and cry with her as she experience all the pains and joys of bringing up her children afflicted with a chronic illness, of ensuring them a life lived fully and richly notwithstanding. "Look Through Our Eyes..." tells that story

No comments: