Friday, August 22, 2008

Why There Will Be an Everything Waray Part Two

I'm always fond of fidgeting around, experimenting and I did this with this blog. This time this penchant of mine has made me lose my beloved template for my everythingwaray blog. I converted to the classic template and now have difficulty getting back. I've joined a blog discussion group and it looks like a bug that's why I can't upgrade to the new template or go back to where I was before I made the conversion. I loved the other template as I could just drag around the elements of my blog's page as well as add links and gadgets which I cannot do now with the classic template unless I'm an expert on HTML and XML editing which I'm not. My previous blog system had a "layout" tab instead of the "template" one here on the converted classic. So you will observe there so many things missing on my blog page. My lists are gone, my header picture too and now you can't click to older posts link on the same page. To view the rest of my posts you have to click the corresponding month in my archives.

I'm giving blogspot a week to fix my problem, otherwise I will open up a new blog (which will be the upgraded version and would contain the layout tab). This time, there will be no tinkering around. I will then manually (gosh, that would really be tedious) re-encode all my posts from this blog to that one. That's because I like my previous template, can't live without it. I have to have my lists and my header pictures which I change every week and I can't do that with the classic template.

Really, when they said "if it aint broke, don't fix it", they weren't joking. I'm not laughing.

No comments: